BAFTA has revealed its breakthrough participants for 2022 from the UK and US, including seven up-and-coming names from the games industry.
The 33 creatives from the fields of film, gaming, and television are to receive professional development and access to global networking opportunities from the organization with support from entertainment company Netflix.
The group was selected by industry professionals from similar creative backgrounds and more than 200 individuals that have passed through the breakthrough initiative to date, according to BAFTA.
Representatives from games chosen for this year’s cohort include:
- Alyx Jones, dialogue editor of FromSoftware’s and Bandai Namco’s Elden Ring
- Emily Brown, Ustwo Games lead designer of Alba: A Wildlife Adventure
- Jamal Green, composer of Something We Made’s Toem
- Morag Taylor, principal technical artist of Creative Assembly’s and Feral Interactive’s Total War: Warhammer 3
- Zachary Soares and Luciana Nascimento — creative director, artistic director, and co-founders of Moonglow Bay
- Megan Fox, founder of Glass Bottom Games and programmer of Skatebird
“We’re incredibly proud of the immense contribution Breakthrough participants bring to the screen industries and what they go on to achieve,” said BAFTA chief executive Jane Millichip.
“This is core to BAFTA’s purpose and of course, none of this is possible without our industry partners, and we are hugely grateful to Netflix for their continued support of BAFTA Breakthrough.”
BAFTA Breakthrough began in 2020, and builds on the work the organization has done with Breakthrough Brits since 2013.